The City of Brussels has decided to go down the teleworking route with the BXL20/21 project, which involves relocating the Administrative Centre, digitisation, and the introduction of "New Ways of Working" (including teleworking). Various advantages are envisaged, both for the administration and for employees: fostering a work-life balance, flexible working hours and work organisation, accountability and autonomy of staff members, reduction of commuting, etc.
The main project organiser:
OU Skills (HR Department)
OBJECTIVES TO BE ACHIEVED:
- 30% of staff telework once a week.
- Reduce commuting by 10%.
Expected reduction of CO2: 110.94 t CO2/year
- Socio-economic: well-being "at work".
- Cultural: accountability of staff.
- Environmental: better air quality.
FOLLOW-UP AND EVALUATION INDICATORS:
- % of teleworkers per week.
- Evaluation of the number of kilometres avoided (for each mode of transport) by teleworkers.
Budget: the City's IT budget